• November 8Welcome to our new online newspaper for Alonso High School in Tampa, Florida!

• November 8Have a story idea? Let us know and drop a comment.

Filed under Showcase

Fashion Forward

Students at AHS get fashionable in a fun elective

The students stand proud in their designed dresses. They look forward to the fashion show to come.

Vanessa Torres poses in her creation. She was proud of the outfit and the grade she received.

Fashion class doesn’t get talked about a lot. It’s a class that teaches students that everything has a side of beauty just add some jewels and some hot glue. This class teaches all the fabrics used to make clothing. Fashion class gives us students an opportunity to express ourselves through colors and styles. “Fashion allows you to express your style and get to see a variety of other styles” said senior Tabyana Marcal.

This class teaches us how to run a business and how to be successful. The environment in fashion class is open arms, no one judges your creativity, and Ms. Alonso always motivates her students to just try because everything is uniquely beautiful. “In fashion class, I enjoy the creativity that I can express. It is a good chance to let creativity flow” said freshman Emily Middleton

Fashion class is also a way to express your individuality as a person and student. The students show their unique sense of fashion through their color picks and style designs made from them. “Fashion gives students a chance to show our creativity and individuality” said senior Olivia Canto. Fashion class is for anyone, male or female, that has any interest in clothing and the fashion industry.