• November 8Welcome to our new online newspaper for Alonso High School in Tampa, Florida!

• November 8Have a story idea? Let us know and drop a comment.

AP Human Geography

Students work in groups to prepare for the upcoming unit test. Everyone was focused and helping each other out to better prepare for this very important test.

Sabrina Cho

AP classes are known to be more time consuming compared to other classes as many take it for the college credit. AP Human Geography is where you study about the distribution and pattern of the human population and how they shaped the Earth’s surface.  

There’s a lot of work that goes towards these types of classes which causes lengthy hours of homework depending on your pace. Sabrin Abdella, a current freshman, has some thoughts towards this class. “The negative side of taking this class is that we sometimes do undesired work, spending extra time instead of doing a simplified lesson on that topic.” Some students find it frustrating when it comes to the extensive amount of notes. 

Now taking this class isn’t all that bad, it’s very helpful and pretty interesting. You work on assignments gaining new knowledge about other cultures, regions, etc. As what Sabrina Genao, a current freshman would put it, “It’s interesting learning how we, as humans, can affect the Earth.” Besides, who wouldn’t want some extra college credit? 

AP class are truly helpful, even if it does come with a small negative effect that doesn’t compare to all of the positives. Pass the stress, comes helpful impacts as it opens up a new perspective and greater understanding towards the world. 

Ms. Avellan was teaching and giving examples towards the topic the students have been learning about. She stood in front and had made sure that everyone was attentive