• November 8Welcome to our new online newspaper for Alonso High School in Tampa, Florida!

• November 8Have a story idea? Let us know and drop a comment.

Little Ravens Build Futures for Students

The Alonso Little Ravens program works to help young kids and AHS students get prepared for an after high school job opportunity in Early Childhood.

Jailene Orellana is helping one of the kids do a science experiment. Working with the children is a big part of Little Ravens.

Miranda Daubar

Each future teacher dreams of working with kids at a young age. The little Ravens make that dream come true, this class helps students just like me. The class prepares you to be a responsible, educational, creative and loving teacher. This class prepares you to be a teacher with the practice on working with kids, these students get an opportunity to work with kids to be able to help them grow as a human being, to showing them about math, animals and how to treat each other and even how to self-behave. The kids meet three days each week and each week has a theme on what the kids will be learning each day. They meet on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, we get to show the kids on why learning is fun.Mia Tutiven, a freshman with the program, says, “I love the little kids.”

The Little Ravens program is very well known here in Alonso High School. It is a preschool day care in which students from the same high school prepare the kids with activities to be able to prepare them for kindergarten. This does not only help the kids it also helps the teens. If they want to be future teachers, it provides the skills on how to teach the kids on all the social skills they need in life. Jayani Sherman, a freshman in Little Ravens, says, “The little ones know how to make you happy when you walk into the room. They make you smile no matter what.”